Janome Crafting & Home Decor Kit [Category D 9mm Stitch Width]
- Border Guide Foot
- Circular Attachment
- Free Motion Couching Foot
- Piping Foot
- Ribbon Sewing Guide
Border Guide foot
Having problems lining up or evenly spacing your border designs? That problem can now be solved with the help of the Border Guide foot. The secret of this great new foot lies in its red guide markings. The two sets of vertical red lines are calibrated to allow perfect spacing of rows whilst the horizontal red line matches the needle drop allowing you to accurately line up the start of each new row of stitching.
How to use the Border Guide foot:
- Sew the first row of patterns.
- Align the first row between the guidelines A and B, (A is the inside line B is the outside line), and sew the next row.
- Align the two rows with the guidelines A, and then sew the next row.
Circular Sewing Attachment
The circular sewing attachment is ideal for sewing circles using straight stitch, zigzag, decorative stitches or even lettering.
Circles up to 26cm in diameter are stitched perfectly using this popular attachment so essential for craft and decorative work.
- Slide the hook cover release button to the right and remove the hook cover.
- Insert the attaching plate in the needle plate opening and attach the scale plate to the needle plate by tightening the setscrew with a screwdriver.
- Push the lock lever in the direction of the arrow and position the setting mark at the number of desired radius.
- The upper scale is indicated in centimetres and the lower scale is indicated in inches.
- The scale corresponds to a radius of the circle to be sewn using straight stitch in centre needle position.
- Secure the centre plate by pushing the lock lever in the direction of arrow.
- Draw circles on paper with a pair of compasses.
- Mark the centre of each circle in the design on the cloth using tailors chalk paper.
- Remove the centre cap and pierce the needle in the centre mark on the cloth.
* When sewing on soft cloth, attach an iron-on backing to the back of the cloth before sewing.
- Straight or zigzag decorative stitches
- Zigzag foot A or satin stitch foot F
- Upper thread tension : Auto or standard
- Needle : 11/75
- Presser foot pressure : Reduce the pressure slightly
- Replace the centre cap on the needle.
- Sew, guiding the cloth circularly around the centre cap.
- Sew the rest of the circles following the same steps above.
- Remove the setscrew and remove the attachment.
- Replace the hook cover plate.
Free Motion Couching Foot (FMC) Set
Enjoy embellishing you work with cords, strips and yarns by free-motion stitching. Zigzag stitch makes it easy to sew on any line or shape precisely. Two different feet are included to match material thickness.
Please refer to your machines instruction manual for presser foot attachment and removal information.
To change the foot:
Loosed and remove the setscrew and remove the foot.
Put the other foot on the foot holder. Align the hole in the foot and threaded hole in the foot holder. Insert the setscrew into the hold and tighten it to secure the foot.
- Select the straight stitch with centre needle position.
- Press the Lockout key or turn the power switch off.
- Remove the foot holder. Place the free motion couching foot on the presser bar from the rear with the pin on the needle clamp screw.
- Tighten the thumbscrew firmly and turn the handwheel to check if the needle enters in the centre of the needle hole in the foot.
- If you use a monofilament transparent thread, put the net on the spool of thread to prevent the thread from slipping off the spool and jamming around the spool pin.
- Bring a strand of yarn to the rear of the foot. Pass the yarn between the presser bar and foot shaft, over the notch of the bracket plat.
- Pull the yarn toward you and slip it into the hole in the foot through the notch on the left side of the foot. Draw the yarn and needle thread to the rear.
- Stitch pattern: Zigzag stitch
- Stitch width: 1.5mm or less
- Feed dog: Lowered
- Foot 1: for 1.5-2.0mm thick yarn
- Foot 2 : for less than 1.5mm thick yarn
- Draw a design on the fabric.
- Lower the needle at the starting point and then lower the foot. Sew several stitches to fasten the yarn and stop the machine. Cut the extra yarn and threads at the beginning.
- Sew at a medium speed while guiding the fabric to trace the design.
- Unwind the yarn ball and splay out the yarn on a sewing table to ensure smooth feeding without tangling.
- Test sew to check sewing results. Do not sew on hard string.
Piping Foot (I)
If readymade piping cord is not available or if you just want to make your own, the piping foot is ideal for the job. The piping foot (sometimes mistakenly referred to as the cording foot) is designed with two grooves on the underside and will hold and cover the cord when making piping tape. It can also be used for attaching piping. Maximum cord size is 5mm.
How to use the Piping foot:
- Raise the needle and the piping foot.
- Insert the corded piping tape between two pieces of fabric (right sides together) and place them under the foot. Make sure the edge of the tape is aligned with the edge of the fabric.
- Lower the foot so that the corded part of the tape fits in the left groove on the bottom of the foot.
- Sew the fabric while guiding the piping into the left groove.
* The right groove can be used for making piping tape.
Ribbon Sewing Guide Set
A great addition for Creative Crafts and Embellishing is the Ribbon Sewing Guide Set. Make your own original ribbons by adding decorative stitching or lettering. Whether used for fashion, craft and home furnishings or for wrapping that special gift, you can add originality to all your projects.
The Ribbon Sewing Guide allows you to create original ribbons up to 25mm width.
- Place the rubber pad on the machine matching up the hole with the attachment hole in the machine.
- Place the ribbon sewing guide on the rubber pad matching up the slot of the guide with the hole in the rubber pad.
- Insert the setscrew through the slot and rubber pad into the attachment hole. Tighten the setscrew slightly and adjust the position of the guide so the red line on the guide aligns with the centre of the needle hole in the needle plate.
- Tighten the setscrew firmly to fi the ribbon sewing guide.
- Stitch pattern: Decorative stitches
- Presser foot: Zigzag foot
- Thread tension: Auto or 2-4
- Loosen the two thumbscrews and open the guide plates to fit the width of the ribbon. Tighten the two thumbscrews to fix the guide plates.
- Place the ribbon between the guide plates and pass the ribbon through the transparent guide. Draw the ribbon to the underside of the presser foot.
- Lower the needle into the ribbon. Lower the presser foot and sew at medium speed.
Tips and notes:
- For ribbons up to 2.5cm (1”) wide.
- Test sew to determine which stitch and foot are suitable for the ribbon to be sewn.
- Fine threads and needles are recommended.
- Leave at least a 2mm allowance at both edges when sewing narrow ribbons.
- Iron the ribbon flat to remove wrinkles after sewing.
- The satin stitch foot can be used for sewing ribbons 16mm (5/8”) or wider.
- Use tear-away backing paper when sewing stretchy, soft or delicate ribbons.
Suitable for Atelier 5 & 7
Category D for machines with a stitch width of 9mm
FABRIC ORDER DELAY
Due to current high order volume, fabric orders may take up to 7 working days to dispatch.
FREE DELIVERY For orders of £50 and above
(Applies to UK delivery)
FREE P&P when the value of items ordered is £50 and above
Royal Mail Standard Delivery ONLY £3.50
Please allow 2 - 4 business days.
This is our standard option for orders under £50
Small items are sent via standard Royal Mail and normally arrive in 2-4 business days.
Large parcels, machines, dressforms, etc and orders above £50 in value are sent via DHL courier and normally arrive in 1-2 business days.
occasionally, due to high demand or an inventory discrepancy, an item may go out of stock at the time an order is being placed. We will keep the item on back-order for you and email you with approximate ETA. However, you will be able to cancel the item should you not be prepared to wait.
Shortages & errors:
Please advise us without delay of any items missing from your order, or if we have sent an item to you by mistake - we will always do our best to resolve the issue by return post
We do not offer overseas shipping for large items such as sewing machines and sewing cabinets.
7 - 10 days.
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil:
7 - 14 days.
Policy on shipping info for:
USA, Canada, Australia, Newzeland, and most of Europe.
The charges are based on an average size, small parcel weighing up 0.5k. and the dimensions being: Height + Width + Depth no greater than 90cm, with no single side longer than 60cm. Parcels outside this weight and size will attract an additional charge from the courier. Where this is the case, we will advise you by email about the additional shipping cost. However, you can cancel the order, should the additional cost be unacceptable.
Customs Duties may be applied at the port of entry. In such cases, the recipient will be responsible to pay all fees that are due.
CLICK & COLLECT
Select local pickup at the checkout when shopping online, and then collect your order from us in Middlewich, Cheshire.
Returns & Refund Policy
14 day money back guarantee.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product purchased via our online store, you may return it for a refund. This does not apply to fabrics supplied in cut lengths and customised products (see below). Your statutory rights as a consumer remain unaffected.
Fabrics - Cut Length and Customised Products
Only cut length or customised items that are found to be faulty or damaged on receipt can be returned for refund. We recommend that you order the total amount of fabric required for any given project as we are unable to guarantee that any additional order will be cut from the same dye lot. Customers must check any fabrics for faults prior to cutting out in preparation for the project at hand as we are unable to refund fabric that the customer has cut into.
Unless otherwise stated: Sewing Machines, Embroidery Machines, Combined Sewing & Embroidery machines, Overlockers, Dress Forms, Sewing Cabinets, etc. are only covered by our return for refund policy providing the purchase was intended for use in a household environment and used for normal domestic purposes.
Please let us know
The Customer must inform us of any intention to return the item / items within 14 days of receipt of the goods either by phone or email.
Where items have arrived damaged in transit, the customer must inform us about this within 48 hours from receipt of the goods.
Goods received damaged or faulty - Goods sent in error
We will pay the return carriage cost if: the item / items were found to be faulty, transit damaged or if the item was sent in error.
Unhappy with your purchase - Goods ordered in error
With the exception of goods found to be damaged or faulty on receipt of delivery.
The customer will pay the return carriage cost if the item was ordered in error, or if the customer simply does not want the goods. Where valuable items are being returned i.e. Sewing Machines, Overlockers, Cabinets, Software etc, we advise opting for insured shipping, as WeaverDee will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to goods returned for refund. Refunds will only be issued upon safe receipt of the goods being returned.
Items must be unused and in new condition.
With the exception of goods found to be damaged or faulty on receipt of delivery.
Items must be unused; returned in their original packaging and in new condition. Software, etc. must be unopened and any security seals and / or shrink-wrap must be intact.
Where payment has been made by credit / debit card, the amount refunded can only be applied to the card which the customer used to make the original purchase.
We may need to contact the customer to verify details. Under normal circumstances refunds will be credited to the customer's account within two business days of returned items being safely received back at WeaverDee; but please note, this will depend on your bank or card service provider and it can take as long seven business days for your bank / card service provider to show the refund amount on your statement.
Goods returned incomplete
WeaverDee will advise the customer of any item/s found to be missing from orders that have been returned. It is up to the customer to check that all accessories, notions, peripheral devices and other items such as manuals, foot controls etc. that were included in the original order are not missing before being parceled up and returned. The customer will be advised of the cost of the missing item/s and the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly, should the missing item/s fail to be returned.
As the sender; the customer is responsible for the return carriage and we will not cover the cost of goods that get damaged in transit on their way back to us.
EU Distance Selling Regulations
Under current EU distance selling regulations, the above returns policy is applicable only to consumers.
Where supplies are made to businesses or organisations the above returns policy will be applicable at the discretion of WeaverDee